Take Your Career To The Next Level
Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer
- Troubleshooting, break-and-fix, and maintenance for hardware/software
- Setup, maintenance, and administration of lab computer devices and related computing
- Support lab computers and instruments including troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Support lab IT environment including software, hardware, and configurations
- Provide onsite and direct customer support
- Install, configure, and upgrade computer hardware and software
- Write training manuals and knowledge-based articles
- Train end users on software as needed
- Install computer peripherals and desk setups
- Support user and office moves
Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in an IT technician position providing on-site support
- Extensive knowledge working with different operating systems specializing in Windows 10 & Windows 7, including deployment and imaging
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation, and terminology
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with remote access (VPN)
- Experience using/troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook), Visio, and other O365 Software
- Experience working with networked printers
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision-making abilities, including independently understanding user requirements, troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement
- Good understanding of networking and cable patching
- Customer service skills, including verbal and written communication, issue resolution, training
- Mac OS knowledge a plus
For 25 years, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Desktop Support Engineer
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!