Take Your Career To The Next Level
Health Communications Manager
Health Communications Manager
- Research services and overseeing design, development, implementation, and evaluation of grassroots, community-led health promotion and disease-prevention communications campaigns and strategies
- Lead and supervise the progress and performance of a Communications Specialist
- Serve as liaison to internal personnel and outside communications and marketing vendors
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate overarching communications plan, improve and maintain website content, and develop and manage marketing and outreach materials that support and promote specific projects and events
- Assist in the development and delivery of communications-related trainings and oversee maintenance of calendar of trainings for staff
- Oversee the execution and editorial review of a bi-monthly newsletter for stakeholders to help facilitate training opportunities, funding opportunities, events, and other news relevant to partners
- Attend community-based events to help build support beyond stakeholders
- Public relations including networking, interviews, photography, material distribution, etc.
- Plan an annual media event, developing social media messaging, promoting event participation, etc.
- Research and implement evidence-based public health communications strategies and messaging
- Ensure quality and consistency in writing style guide, website, social media, and graphic standards
Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, one of the Social Sciences, or related field
- Professional experience working in Public Relations, Communications, and/or Social Marketing related to healthcare, public health, social sciences, health equity, and/or social determinants of health campaigns
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory position
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including health literacy applications
- Excellent proofing/editing skills
- Ability to research, develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based public health communication campaigns
- Experience in execution of social media strategies and moderating content
- Experience developing presentations and written reports
- Skilled with the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency using virtual meeting platforms and electronic file sharing
- Basic design/desktop publishing skills
- Fundamental understanding of paid advertising channels and media markets
- Project management skills
- Understanding of data display, interpretation
- Basic understanding of program evaluation
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work evenings/weekends as needed for public events, special events, or projects
For 25 years, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Health Communications Manager
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!