Take Your Career To The Next Level
Application Development Manager
Application Development Manager
Direct hire. Remote until office reopens.
- Provide day-to-day direction to a multi-functional staff
- Develop enterprise-level application and standards-driven integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features
- Design, develop, and perform quality assurance per software standards, best practices, and business specifications
- Oversee scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices
- Develop and test project portfolio
- Facilitate and report on activities and lifecycle of department projects
- Manage Work Request portfolio and ensure disposition and resourcing of requests align with negotiated business priorities
- Manage the Development and Testing staff
- Ensure functional areas are staffed and trained appropriately to meet department and business needs
- Make sure proper manual/automated controls are in place to safeguard information and financial assets
- Establish quality standard for services and deliverables
- Communicate with IT department and business leadership on program strategy, direction, progress, and material changes
- Track key project milestones and recommend adjustments to Program Managers, Project Managers, or Directors
- Manage resource and budget estimation along with appropriate due diligence of proposed IT projects
- Provide guidance and report on scope of work definition, budget project documentation, resource allocation, execution, deployment and closure of projects
- Hiring, scheduling, payroll, mentoring, and performance evaluations of staff
- Set and implement standards of analysis, coding, naming conventions and system level documentation.
- Coordinate creation and measurement of performance metrics
- Design and implement software solutions in accordance with software and architecture standards and business requirements
- Assist in the preparation of an operating and capital budget for the team
- Foster and manage relationships with vendors, external resources, and key business stakeholders
- Develop enterprise-level application and integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features
- Provide expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business
- Develop programming and development standards and procedures as well as programming architecture for code reuse
- Act as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor and change agent
- Financial analysis of technology solutions
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or related field
- At least 6 years of related IT management experience
- At least 4 years of experience managing a development team
- Ability to create software that maps business functions
- Ability to manage small, medium and large-scale integration projects from a system and software perspective
- Knowledge of the Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile development practices
- Advanced knowledge of the system development lifecycle
- Proven experience managing a team
- Understanding of compliance regulations product development process, Object Oriented Programming, and financial principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10% - 35% travel may be required for this position
For 25 years, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Application Development Manager
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!