Take Your Career To The Next Level
Sr Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst
6 months to hire.
- Independently managing or assisting the Global IT Application team and Project Managers in identifying business needs of customers and stakeholders to help determine solutions to business problems
- Manage project deliverables and set priorities related to requirements effort
- Ensure appropriate project activities are on schedule
- Lead business teams and cross-competency teams completing tasks related to business solution planning, business case development, and managing customer requirements
- Collaborate with business representatives, Project Management, and IS teams to develop and implement specific technologies and architecture necessary to deliver business solutions
- Support the development of test cases to ensure solution meets the requirements specified
- Support QA team with test strategy and test case development
- Responsible and accountable for project success on all requirements activities.
- Help to determine best solution for business issue on the current project
- Add to the business case development
- Collaborate with business process owners and drive effort in determining and documenting project requirements, use stories, and business process documents
- Facilitate and manage workshops to analyze, define, document, and validate functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Support manufacturing operations with processes and requirements
- Work with the development and QA team to translate requirements as needed
- Plan, monitor, manage, and communicate progress on all requirements activities throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Detect and abate project issues and/or risks related to requirements with escalation/delegation of issues as needed
- Manage relationships with businesses and vendors
- Work with downstream application, architecture, and development teams in the refinement of requirements and documentation
- Define and establish guidelines and appropriate control measures for future requirement management
- Participate in process improvement initiatives by providing feedback on existing processes
- Work with the internal resources to assess current state of how requirements are documented. Educate team on industry best practices.
- Mentor others on process improvement initiatives and BA methodologies
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or similar field with IT focus
- At least 10 years of proven business analysis experience in software development lifecycle focusing on business applications
- At least 7 years of leadership and management experience leading a BA team with requirements management utilizing industry best practices
- Experience with business planning, system and data analysis, process analysis and design, business and functional requirements analysis, and use case/user story analysis
- Ability to identify, assess and resolve complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Experience and expertise in both waterfall and pure agile environment
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suite, Visio or LucidChart, and Atlassian tools (Jira/Confluence)
- Strong planning and estimating skills on BA activities across all phases of the project lifecycle
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and vocabulary
- Ability to bridge communication amongst technical and non-technical project staff and customers/vendors.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with BMBOK
- Excellent reasoning and strong decision-making skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled with risk assessment, negotiation, and problem resolution
- Product Owner certification a plus
- BA certification a plus
For 25 years, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Sr Business Analyst
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!