Take Your Career To The Next Level
Senior Systems Security Engineer
Senior Systems Security Engineer
Direct Hire. 100% Remote. This is a hands-on role requiring a high level of technical and analytical expertise.
- Day-to-day administration of information security tools such as Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Network Access Control (NAC)
- Create security documentation
- Research and implement new security suites
- Research and assist in piloting and evaluating new tools, technologies, technical controls, and processes to support and implement defined security policies
- Participate in security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial actions
- Compare security coverage from a platform perspective (Android iOS OSX) and identify gaps or inconsistencies
- Evaluate security posture of mobile platforms, IOT, and other devices to determine whether devices should be allowed and apps should be whitelisted from an information security standpoint
- Review current security standards, policies, and configuration for the Mobile environment
- Participate in a variety of information security functions, Solution Design Incident Response, and Vulnerability Management
- Develop reporting and remediation strategies for vulnerabilities/misconfigurations in the enterprise Mobile or Device space
- Work with infrastructure teams and business units to ensure policy compliance and adherence to security best practices
- Monitor system logs SIEM tools and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity and recommend solutions
- Assist in development and documentation of security architecture policies, standards, and procedures
- Organize security incident and event data to produce monthly management and exception reports
- Work with outsourced vendors providing information security functions for compliance with contracted SLAs
- Contribute to a knowledgebase comprised of technical reference library, security advisories and alerts, and information on security trends and practices and laws and regulations
- Take part in the operation of incident management including detection response and reporting
- Ensure audit trails, system logs, and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and in compliance with policies and audit requirements
- Participate in security investigations and compliance reviews as requested by internal or external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience; an M.B.A. or M.S. in information security is strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of IS experience
- At least 5 years in an information security role
- At least 3 of the following certifications required: CISSP, OSCP, CCSP, CISA, OSWP, CRISC, GIAC, CEH, Security+, CCNA Security, CCNP Security, JNCP, PCNSE
- Expert in security best practices and regulatory requirements
- Proven information security experience around Mobile platforms (iOS, Android OSX)
- Expert in Public Key Infrastructure
- Mobile Device Management experience, Microsoft Intune preferred
- Network Access Control Experience (Forescout, Cisco etc.)
- Experience with Wireshark and/or equivalent packet capture and analysis
- Strong understanding of networking technologies from architecture best practices to packet analysis
- Experience with patch management device hardening configuration auditing and other end point security best practices
- Experience with cryptography and cryptanalysis
- Experience using virtualization technologies
- Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies such as network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans including strategic tactical and project plans
- Familiarity with network infrastructure including routers switches firewalls and the associated network protocols and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate security guidance to a non-technical audience
For over two decades, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Senior Systems Security Engineer
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!