Take Your Career To The Next Level
Systems Security Analyst
Systems Security Analyst
W2 only. No C2C or Sponsorship available.
Our client is seeking a Systems Security Analyst to act as a critical member of their CISO's team. The ideal candidate can work hands-on with a high level of technical and analytical expertise.
- Daily administration of information security tools
- Create security documentation
- GRC management
- Second- and third-level support for SIEM
- Research and assist in piloting evaluation of new tools, technologies, technical controls, and processes to support and enforce defined security policies.
- Actively take part in Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Governance, Audit, and Solution Design
- Work with infrastructure teams and business units to ensure policy compliance and adherence to security best practices
- Take part in security projects and provide expert guidance on security matters for other IT projects
- Watch system logs, SIEM tools, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity, make recommendations for improvements where required
- Assist in the development and documentation of security architecture, policies, standards, and procedures
- Take part in in security investigations and compliance reviews, as requested by internal or external auditors
- Measure and report on the technical metrics of security controls
- Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly management and exception reports
- Collaborate with outsourced vendors that provide information security functions for compliance with contracted service-level agreements
- Incident management, including detection, response, and reporting
- Ensure audit trails, system logs, and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and comply with policies and audit requirements
- Validate baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, and networking and telecommunications equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (or equivalent experience), MBA or MS in Information Security strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of IS experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in an information security role
- Must hold at least 3 of the following Certifications: CISSP, CCSP, OSCP, CISA, CRISC, GIAC, CEH, Security+
- Expert level in security best practices
- Intermediary Wireshark and/or equivalent packet capture and analysis experience
- In-depth understanding of networking technologies from architecture best practices to packet analysis
- Excellent technical knowledge of security technologies, including network security appliances, identity and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
- Familiarity with Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience with patch management, device hardening, configuration auditing and other end point security best practices
- Understanding of cryptography and cryptanalysis
- Experience using virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments.
- Familiar with network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, and associated network protocols and concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate security guidance to a non-technical audience
- Cisco, Microsoft, or Linux Certifications a plus
For over two decades, Millennium Consulting has been a leader in professional staffing. Today, Millennium caters to a diversified portfolio of market-leading customers. Since its establishment, Millennium has relentlessly focused on unwavering integrity while perfecting the recruitment of subject matter experts for complex, mission critical projects. Our approach remains unchanged: Sweeping analysis of our clients’ staffing initiatives and organizational culture, combined with a personal approach to long-term relationship building to identify the most impactful talent.
Millennium Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for Systems Security Analyst
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!