Take Your Career To The Next Level
Data Center Hardware Technician-9427159
Data Center Hardware Technician
W2 only. No C2C or Sponsorship available.
Our client is seeking a Data Center Hardware Technician with mainframe hardware experience for a long term contract.
- Planning and process management for the sizing, placement, and power connectivity for IT devices within a data center environment
- Rack & Stacking of IT Equipment (Rack setup, layout, leveling and power strip setup, Ladder and Fiber Tray Construction)
- Analyze and monitor infrastructure capacity support for data center power and cooling elements
- Provide input on data center capacity requirements
- Space Plan Process
- Plan power requirements, connections, redundancy, and infrastructure capabilities based on finalized Equipment Level Estimation to ensure effective power load balancing
- Take part in planning for Cage and Cabinet Security Infrastructure (Locking Options)
- Manage Power and Cooling densities with Associated IT packaging (KW/Rack)
- Create and Distribute Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Panel Schedules
- Provide and/or coordinate power installation activities/changes with client and client vendor staff to assemble cabinets according to layout design and installation requirements on the raised floor
- Participate in the prioritization of power installs/de-installs
- Monitor activities, operation and usage within the data center to insure the use of proper IT disciplines and regulation compliance
- Data center facility related issues, problem determination and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities
- Maintain data center appearance and cleanliness
- Order tile cuts and Koldlocs according to floor and equipment specifications
- Manage Cold Aisle tiles to ensure adequate cooling
- Develop and maintain floor layouts and 3D inventory/Power Connection Mapping for new/existing customer environments
- Provide end user feedback and participate in administrative support for client data center facilities tool suite
Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with mainframe and server hardware
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of data center building infrastructure (CRACS, GENS, PDUs, UPS)
- Experience with Raised Floor Cabinets
- Familiarity with Electrical Concepts (power distribution, redundancy, wiring)
- Knowledge of Raised Floor Management Tools, including Nlyte, AutoCAD, Panels Plus, Visio, Obtain
- Knowledge of IT/Network Equipment Cabling (Installation and maintenance of the structured cabling system)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Apply for Data Center Hardware Technician-9427159
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!