Take Your Career To The Next Level
Our client is seeking a Platform Engineer to support Kubernetes PKS. The Platform Engineer must have strong Networking skills, especially with Linux, Tomcat, Apache, Kubernetes, and/or Docker.
- Deployment and operations of Cloud Platforms and services in a Private Cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with fellow platform engineers to design, build, and maintain PaaS platform (Cloud foundry, Kubernetes)
- Lead development and implementation of Cloud applications, systems, and processes
- Be a member of Cloud Platforms infrastructure team to enhance private cloud platforms (Cloud Foundry, Container as a Service) on VMWare vSphere
- Work independently to monitor operations of cloud and legacy applications
- Develop automation using scripting languages
- Ensure optimum performance, high availability and stability of solutions
- Ensure the container orchestration platform (Docker/Kubernetes) is regularly maintained and released to production
- Assist development teams to migrate applications to Docker based PaaS
- Monitor, prevent and troubleshoot security related issues
Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in public cloud, middleware, and container technologies
- At least 7 years of experience in Middleware & System Engineering Linux, Networking, Tomcat , APACHE, and/or MQ
- At least 3 years of proven proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting Kubernetes & Docker Container Orchestration infrastructure
- Experience with DevOps methodologies
- Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Proven experience managing a large K8S cluster and scaling it significantly at enterprise scale
- Familiarity with Linux kernel options such as control groups and defining application groups to restrict resources
- Solid knowledge of monitoring tools and fine tuning alerts on Prometheus, Grafana, and/or Elastic search
- Experience with Mesos DC/OS, Rancher, or Docker Swarm a plus
- Pivotal PKS Services experience a plus
Apply for Platform Engineer-DT2JP00005906
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!