Take Your Career To The Next Level
Infrastructure Project Manager
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the planning and management of technical projects. The incumbent will direct technical staff and manage the activities of all aspects of the project life cycle. He/she understands complex technical scenarios and requirements and can effectively manage and overcome obstacles to progress and/or suggest alternative strategies and directions. He/she is responsible for planning and execution of IT projects that includes any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project. The Senior Project Manager is accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. This position focuses on the implementation and delivery of infrastructure and IT operations based projects.
- Perform with a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Facilitate and lead the definition of the project scope, project management/SDLC approach, milestones, tasks, deliverables and resource requirements
- Establish a communication strategy in partnership with the business, IT sponsors and effectively communicate project related information to team members, IT management, and customers throughout the project life cycle
- Develop and maintain project plans, status reports, risk and issue logs, budget/ongoing project forecast of resources and materials and other project related artifacts
- Effectively negotiate project resource needs and competing priorities with IT and PMO resource managers
- Create and execute strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Manage, assess, and negotiate project scope changes.
- Ensure that assigned projects are conducted in compliance with all department standards, policies, and guidelines. Apply appropriate levels of tailoring to meet project-specific needs, while still operating within the standard project management framework
- Efficiently identify and resolve project issues
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and other project managers
- Escalate issues that require executive, management or business attention
- Manage vendor performance and drive deliverables to meet agreed upon target dates and levels of quality
- Ensure business engagement throughout the project, project decision making , managing scope/budget changes, business requirements elicitation and prioritization, acceptance testing , training, etc
- Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles and methodologies delivered using various systems development life cycles
- Strong familiarity with project management software and MS Office
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations
- Can operate at the macro level, driving large teams with multiple stakeholders but also has the ability to individually contribute to work products when required
- Ability to build consensus amongst project team members and key stakeholders
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with various project stakeholders including IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues
- Able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at any one time, while maintaining high quality standards
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- 5+years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from waterfall to agile
- Demonstrated track record of success at delivering IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality
- Demonstrated experience managing projects infrastructure improvement programs from inception through implementation that include Data Center Facilities, Virtualization Technologies, Windows Servers, Enterprise Storage, and Network LAN/WAN including fiber, cabling and wiring installs and upgrades and networking equipment installations
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and implementations
- PMP Certification helpful but not required
Apply for Infrastructure Project Manager
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!