Take Your Career To The Next Level
Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
- Gather user requirements and perform needs assessments to guide development and selection of software systems.
- Support scientific research with software systems that capture experimental design, enable data analysis and interpretation.
- Design and/or supervise development and testing of software systems to meet or exceed project objectives.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team of developers by establishing high technical standards and demonstrating, by way of example, technical excellence in all stages of software development.
- Use software version control system, automated build tools, ticket tracking software, architecture documentation, and release engineering processes.
- Develop and optimize techniques and methods to improve software development processes including test driven development, agile methodology, and pair programming.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups (engineers and researchers, management, business analysts), in a highly matrixed organization to build constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Contribute code to larger projects, or implement small individual solutions using scripting languages
- At least 2-4 years of experience in the design and implementation of software systems. Documented software development skills and experience with software technical documentation are desired.
- A PhD or Master’s degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or other science discipline and/or computer science
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to focus on many tasks at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express computer-related information in layman terms
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation including for complex workflows and datasets
- Strong ability to take initiative and wide latitude for independent judgment
- Strong ability to handle multiple assignments at one time while working independently and effectively under deadlines
- Demonstrate respect and dignity in decisions, communications, and actions
- Professional communication and interaction with all levels of the organization.
Apply for Business Systems Analyst
Start with Millennium.
The next phase of your Professional career starts here. Search our latest jobs and upload your resume. Get started:
Step 1 – Search our jobs listing below.
Step 2 – Upload your resume (.doc and .pdf formats are preferred).
Step 3 – Fill in all required fields. Click “Submit.”
Step 4 – Congratulations! Your resume has been submitted to the Millennium team!